Thursday, November 5, 2009

Silhouettes









These are the silhouettes I have of my girls that were done 12 years ago.  I have always treasured them and visiters to my home always comment on them.

I began offering these custom silhouette papercuttings in my Etsy shop and it is going over really well.
Holiday orders are already coming in!

I've done these cuttings for family and friends and I've even sold some but this is my first time offering them on Etsy. 

I'm working on cuttings of my grandkids right now.  I'll show them once they are done.  We didn't get a good profile picture of  the baby when they were here for Halloween so that is holding up my progress.  I want to do single cuttings like these but I am also thinking about trying something with all of the kids in one frame...still working that idea out in my head.

Looks like I'll be a busy bee this holiday season!


9 comments:

Simple Home said...

Your silhouettes are beautiful. Lots of detail. I have ones that were done at Disneyland, not near the detail of yours, but I do treasure them!
Blessings,
Marcia

Deborah said...

These are simply delightful Peg. Such a wonderful momento to have of someone you love.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

I love silhouettes and yours are just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing and have a fabulous weekend! (Where do I sign on as a follower?)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Those are just beautiful! Silhouettes are hot right now. You should have no problem with selling them on Etsy.

Manuela

Amy said...

I love these and am hoping to sometime soon be able to fit some into the family budget. I would treasure some of my 3 kids. My Mom had some done of my brothers and I when we were young.

I can't believe the paper feather you posted about. Incredible!

I was heartbroken about the passing of your dear family member. May you find comfort in memories of happy times.
Amy

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

How talented you are. Your silhouettes are truly beautiful!

Donna said...

Peg, your silhouettes are gorgeous! I can see why you get so many compliments on them. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Yes, indeed, time is a great healer. I have no doubt that your dad is around, and leaving tinsel for you to find! Have a very Merry Christmas!... Donna

Jill said...

Those are SO SWEET! I tried just taking good photos of my kids in silhouettes--limited success.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

The silhouettes are just the most wonderful keepsakes! These are beautifully created! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails