Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Shopping in Kimmswick, MO

I spent the other day shopping with two of my three daughters. When we need ornaments to give as gifts we always go to Kimmswick, a small town just south of St Louis. My girls are always up for shopping and lunch!
The whole town is only 7 blocks square and it is all small shops, a couple of restaurants and bed & breakfast.
Just outside of town is an old bridge that the girls had to see.
If you look just past the end of the creek that is where it feeds into the Mississippi River.
Here is the view of town from the bridge.
More of the town.
One of the shops.
My favorite shop of all is the Christmas shop.
Here are some of the ornaments we found. There are a few more but we wrapped them before I got pictures.
Here is a Kimmswick Angel.
Here is a Santa Moon.

Here are a couple of angel ornaments for my granddaughters. I love the glittered words.
And here are a few glittered houses.
If you are ever in the area it is a really cute little place to spend the day. I meant to get pictures of where we ate but we were too busy stuffing our faces. I'll get some next time we go.

3 comments:

cherry said...

Merrryyyyyyyy christmas Peggy! Cherry

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

It sure sound like you and your daughters had a great time shopping...I love doing that with my 2 daughters...That little town is some place I would love to see sometime....
Holiday Hugs,
Mo :-)

Catherine Holman said...

I added this town to my little notebook of places to visit that are fairly close. Have a Happy New Year!
Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails